Skip to main content

So this is my first post



After several failed attempts of creating blogs, and multiple blogs I made when I was a teenager (which I am still and will forever be so embarrassed about) I have decided to go back to starting a blog... again. I feel like Twitter is a good outlet of random thoughts in my head but sometimes I have thoughts in my head that don't necessarily fit even the additional number of letters allowed on the blue bird.



Anyway what actually led me to this is one of my random walks on the way home after work. There's this long road leading to the safer part of my town where construction workers have their manners thrown out the window and freely stare creepily at anybody who doesn't share their chromosomes. My mind wanders-- both on the lyrics of the song I'm blasting on my phone, and on thoughts about issues I'm very passionate about. I am a fairly new feminist and it's actually quite frustrating to be one! I feel like I should have been a feminist the day I was born, or at least when I was writing about feminism during my college thesis. But alas. I was unfortunately born in a patriarchal family, where the women serve the men. 

I want to talk about when I realized everything is wrong and how I realized it. I want to have a discussion with everyone on why we let this happen and why, until now, do we think that women are the ~weaker~ sex in every way, and why we were conditioned by our own families to think that way. I want to talk and to have an exchange of opinions with everybody. I want everyone to have the same realization as I did, or if you disagree, I want to know why. I want to make use of what little influence I have on people, regardless of fandom or not. This is 2018, we should have discussions over everything that seem wrong.

I also want to talk about my struggles as a person who has extreme anxiety, and some feelings I have recently come to accept which I am still not particularly open to talking about. I want to have people know that you are not alone in going through difficult times. We may have similar experiences, and I want to be a source of comfort to everyone going through the same thing.

So yeah. This is supposed to be a very short introduction, but it's 12:19am and I just randomly thought I should create a blog lol. And this is why my blog theme is all about struggles-- we all struggle about everything at one point, and mine is a vast amount of it, and most of which will be thrown on this blog. Bear with me. 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Hardest Thing I Ever Had to Do

Seeing as this won the poll , I'm guessing we all go through the same thing everyday. Where to begin really.. As everyone knows, speaking about inner battles, or whatever goes through our heads, is not the easiest thing to do especially in public. We go through our day as normally as possible, even if we have so many things clouding our minds and most of the time we come out of it unscathed. I want to start this entry by saying, you've done so well.

So I Had An Ovarian Cyst

I've been really distracted the past week because I was recently diagnosed with dermoid cyst which was found on my right ovary. It was definitely one of the most trying experiences of my life. I initially didn't want to share this because I feel like it can dampen the mood for some reason, and also the sole reason why I didn't want to talk about it until I was already lined up for surgery. But, I do know that it is my goal to let women know this could happen to them, too. So I guess I'm here for a.... STORY TIME! lol

Being Multifandom and A Late Feminist in the 2018 Twitter Fandomland

I was sitting at Tim Hortons (like I always do every week) when I realized I should probably make a long post about the current situation I put myself into. Is my tweet poorly worded? I generally don't really care as much whenever I get bombarded with hate asks and/or accusations about my age, fandom choices, or even about how I look. I still don't feel any sort of anger or hatred towards anyone, I just chose not to feel any of it anymore. However, since a lot of you misunderstood what I meant, and some of you who haven't liked me from the beginning anyway and decided to dig my immature, smh-worthy tweets, I felt like I should make a post about everything surrounding it.