Skip to main content

Life Update: 12 Days After Surgery

So I'm feeling better. I just want to establish that, cos the last time I posted about my surgery is that I was actually honestly still feeling like death itself. Now though, I still feel like death, but mostly because my deadline is near and I'm still procrastinating.




I really did take it to heart to rest at my family house for almost two weeks (I'm still here, I just really didn't want to risk anything at all). I wanted to recover very fast, so I did try to walk around, slowly bend myself to pick something up, and try my best not to scratch my stitches lol. It did take me 8 days to wake up and not feel any pain at all, without initially taking a painkiller. It's just an overall pretty decent experience for someone who just got a major surgery. I did notice that I lost some weight in my belly area mostly because, well, my 16cm cyst used to be around there, but also since I fasted at the hospital, my appetite's really gone down a lot. I can't even finish a whole meal anymore, but I still eat small unhealthy snacks, but I noticed that I don't binge as much on them anymore, I think I just don't have the appetite anymore, which is good! I do want to lose a bit more weight, and since I can't do any exercises yet, I am cutting down on carbs, and just food in general, though not necessarily starving myself.

Emotionally and mentally, I am feeling awesome, surprisingly! I was just done with the whole anxiety of dealing with pre-operation jitters and problems, and now all I need to worry about is to get better. It does help that I have people around me who takes care of me, and provide me food (like I said, like magic!) I haven't been doing anything productive since I had to focus on just resting--which means both physical and mental. Now that I'm feeling better however, I've been writing and researching for articles I need to write for my part-time job, which is good since it's getting me preoccupied. But also, I'm a great procrastinator, which I hate. Ugh. Anyway.

I also went out with my family last Sunday, which was my first time seeing sunlight after more than a week of bed rest lol. Well, it was my choice not to go out anyway, cos I didn't want to force myself to what I know I can't do yet. We did just stay at Starbucks and did some grocery shopping, but the grocery shopping did tire me out immediately, so I needed to drink a painkiller. I thought it was a pretty great improvement though, in my opinion, but yeah. At least I finally got to wear make-up after more than a week of being barefaced!

So with EXO's comeback being super near, I'm going back to Korea after 9 months (!!!) I know, I know, it's been a while, and nobody's more surprised than me lol. I'm actually feeling more enthusiastic in getting better because I want to be strong enough to be able to travel at the end of the month. I'm still gonna take precautions though, I'm not gonna overexert myself, I still love myself. I'm grateful that I'm going with my friends Mish and Dan, and Dan so graciously agreed to accompany me to be my personal weightlifter lol! I don't know if I've said this enough, but I really did luck out on my friends lol. Anyway, I guess that's all I want to talk about regarding my health update. I really do hope that women who have to go through this will not take it lightly, and just do your best to rest and not force yourself to do things you can't. I also want to say to women who will go through, or going through this, that it will get better. It's alright to be scared, but always try to surround yourself with people who care about you, and will see you through it all, because it really does help to admit to yourself, and to people you love, that you're afraid.

And to women who have yet to get checked, please, please, if you feel something irregular with your cycle, or that your tummy seems bloated a lot, please just go and see an OB Gyn. It will do you good to prevent it, rather than heal it. Anyway, that's it. Hopefully, my next post is about something more interesting than recovering from my surgery lol.

Also, this was me last Sunday, way too happy that I got to put make-up on. Yes I know it's sideways, it's still my face anyway.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Hardest Thing I Ever Had to Do

Seeing as this won the poll , I'm guessing we all go through the same thing everyday. Where to begin really.. As everyone knows, speaking about inner battles, or whatever goes through our heads, is not the easiest thing to do especially in public. We go through our day as normally as possible, even if we have so many things clouding our minds and most of the time we come out of it unscathed. I want to start this entry by saying, you've done so well.

So I Had An Ovarian Cyst

I've been really distracted the past week because I was recently diagnosed with dermoid cyst which was found on my right ovary. It was definitely one of the most trying experiences of my life. I initially didn't want to share this because I feel like it can dampen the mood for some reason, and also the sole reason why I didn't want to talk about it until I was already lined up for surgery. But, I do know that it is my goal to let women know this could happen to them, too. So I guess I'm here for a.... STORY TIME! lol

Being Multifandom and A Late Feminist in the 2018 Twitter Fandomland

I was sitting at Tim Hortons (like I always do every week) when I realized I should probably make a long post about the current situation I put myself into. Is my tweet poorly worded? I generally don't really care as much whenever I get bombarded with hate asks and/or accusations about my age, fandom choices, or even about how I look. I still don't feel any sort of anger or hatred towards anyone, I just chose not to feel any of it anymore. However, since a lot of you misunderstood what I meant, and some of you who haven't liked me from the beginning anyway and decided to dig my immature, smh-worthy tweets, I felt like I should make a post about everything surrounding it.