Skip to main content

What Were You Doing While EXO was on Hiatus?



I think it's time to talk about what the heck was I doing the whole time EXO was on hiatus, and ironically, one of those is starting this blog lol. I'm typing this post right now because EXO's not keeping me busy, so might as well just enumerate what kept me busy for the past year and 2-3 months since their last comeback.

As some of you may know, me and a couple of EXO-L friends flew to Korea last year to attend some of EXO's promotion activities for Kokobop. It was the usual overnighting for music shows, stressing over requirements, failing mellimpic tryouts.. (which reminds me that I probably will post something like a guideline on how to go to music shows for EXO yet again since my past entry about that was long gone). When Power came out, we were in Thailand, streaming EXO songs, so basically you can say my schedule's been defined by EXO's promotional schedules lol. But since they have decided to do individual promotions, I've also lived my personal life in a way, which is nice.




TRIPS, TRIPS, MORE TRIPS

Since EXO's last comeback, I've been to 3 other countries that's not Korea. I went to Japan last Autumn, Canada just this July, and Hong Kong in the same month, and all unrelated to EXO. Shocking, I know! And because they've been so resilient and consistent in doing Kokobop, I haven't been to Seoul in 9 full months, which my friends call, is a "miracle". I think they're being dramatic, but I remember going to Seoul less than 2 weeks after I just came back and I think they're spot on.

FIRST LOVE NEVER DIES

I got to meet Jaejoong!!! Like /meet/ him. I won a pass to get a signed poster on which I say hi to him, he signs on my poster, I die. That's what happened, and the one writing this post is Aya's soul.

ALONG WITH THE GODS 1 AND 2

I watched the first one with Krissy, and the second one just last Saturday with Krissy, Mish, and Dan. EXO. Wyd.

I'M AN "INFLUENCER"?

I got interviewed by one company as an "influencer". This was actually funny cos I never knew my Twitter account is considered an "influencer's account". I mean it's just a personal account with lots of you following me. It was nice that they got to ask me about stuff concerning the K-Pop fandom, and I got to express why I like EXO. Which is why I made my Twitter in the first place. It's one for the books, I guess!

BECAME A VLOGGING NEWB

It was actually just a wild and funny idea that my friends and I talked about and it just so happened that we were bored, and we barely knew anyone attending the Wanna One concert, so we decided to just do a vlog. Since all of us in that channel are EXO-Ls, it'll mostly consist of EXO content. We started with Wanna One since obviously, we have zero new EXO content so far. I'm excited for us to do one for Show Champion! Honestly we're not expecting everyone to like our content, but we just figured it'll be fun cos whenever we hang out, we really do have funny conversations, and it's fun to talk about it with other people as well.


LIKED ANOTHER KPOP IDOL aka MARRY ME MINHYUN

I mean it's like an annual thing for me. I always tend to like one idol that's not in EXO, and I spend my time tweeting a lot about him, and also the reason why I always get accused that I'll leave the fandom lmao. I mean it's just funny for me now cos year after year, they always say this, and year after year, I'm still an EXO-L lol!! Anyway, so this time, as everyone knows, it's Wanna One/NU'EST's Hwang Minhyun. I think I've already mentioned how much I said Minhyun is my ideal type, and he truly is. Like I'd totally marry him even if I don't believe in marriage. But, we always know that we don't pick who our ideal types are irl, we pick the ones we like the most. Hi, Sehun. Charot.


SAY HELLO TO TATTOO NUMBER 2

I got another tattoo this year! This time, it's not Sehun-related, but feminist-inspired. It was actually a last-minute decision to have it on my upper back but I love it so much! My next tattoo will definitely be more flowery, so I can't wait to get that!

ONE STEP TO BEING ENVIRONMENTAL-FRIENDLY

I switched to metal straws! I mean I lost my first one when I was in Tokyo, so I bought another one after lol. What made me think of switching to metal straws is that small thought in my mind where I wanted to do /something/ to help the environment. I know that I cannot do zero-waste immediately, so I'm doing something that'll be a help, no matter how small, to the environment. I once went a whole day without my metal straw, and I collected around 6-7 plastic straws (all of which I put in the bottles I collect that will be ecobricks) and it was so wild to think that we are wasting so much plastic and messing with our environment with that small piece of plastic. I'm also starting to use reusable cups when I get coffee, or just go to Tim Hortons since they use environmental-friendly corn cups.

PHYSICAL AND MENTAL HEALTH--CHECK!

I enrolled in a boxing gym, and got myself checked for my mental health. I think that's a pretty huge step to take!

...AND ALSO GOT MYSELF A DAD

To those who read my previous posts, you'll know that I finally had a chance to meet my biological father and actually spent 10 days with him. Growing up filled with love from my mother, I never really thought I needed my other parent until I got diagnosed with depression. I met my dad, spent time with him, and realized he was the missing puzzle in my life. I've been feeling so much better ever since I met him, and I don't know, I guess it feels good to know that someone else out there is also thinking of your wellbeing.

Printing, buying materials, sorting-- we did it all in 5 days



STILL STREAMED, BOUGHT ALBUMS, WENT TO CONCERTS

I mean they are still on hiatus, but there is no way I'll miss EXO's concerts or any of their promotions. I love how they're expanding on their talents, it's something admirable since they all deserve to show their talents to the world. For ElyXion, I only went to their Seoul concert, and the one in Manila. I've decidedly cut down on going to just two concerts since I've been trying to save up, but Seoul and Manila will always be a must-see for me! This time around, a few mutual EXO-Ls and I made a fan project plan and was fortunately accepted by SM, so we got super busy in less than a week to produce every single thing. Despite the lack of time, we actually did a pretty good job lol. I think I felt Sehun's gratitude because I also got a signed ball from him!! Love you Sehun, thanks lol.


All in all, it's been a pretty wild year during EXO's hiatus. No day pass by that I never look at Twitter and get an update on Sehun and EXO, I guess EXO is a huge part of my life, and I'm glad. Just last weekend when I watched Along with the Gods with my friends, we talked about so many real life stuff, and I felt really thankful that I met them through EXO. I guess that's why it's also bearable to wait for EXO to make a comeback, cos I have friends who're waiting with me for the same people. This post, like most of my other posts, make no sense whatsoever. I just felt like writing today.

P.S. Damn it, EXO, make a comeback!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Hardest Thing I Ever Had to Do

Seeing as this won the poll , I'm guessing we all go through the same thing everyday. Where to begin really.. As everyone knows, speaking about inner battles, or whatever goes through our heads, is not the easiest thing to do especially in public. We go through our day as normally as possible, even if we have so many things clouding our minds and most of the time we come out of it unscathed. I want to start this entry by saying, you've done so well.

Being Multifandom and A Late Feminist in the 2018 Twitter Fandomland

I was sitting at Tim Hortons (like I always do every week) when I realized I should probably make a long post about the current situation I put myself into. Is my tweet poorly worded? I generally don't really care as much whenever I get bombarded with hate asks and/or accusations about my age, fandom choices, or even about how I look. I still don't feel any sort of anger or hatred towards anyone, I just chose not to feel any of it anymore. However, since a lot of you misunderstood what I meant, and some of you who haven't liked me from the beginning anyway and decided to dig my immature, smh-worthy tweets, I felt like I should make a post about everything surrounding it.